I just done the renewal of Malaysia International Passport recently. It is pretty easy, here are the steps:
1. Log on to this webpage https://eservices.imi.gov.my/MyPassport/
Please ensure you are using I.E. 7 or above.
2. Fill the particular, upload a latest photo (background must be BLUE color as per Malaysia standard) and pay online, for now only Visa or Master are accepted.
3. Wait for 2 hours, print out the online receipt and go to the preferred branch for the collection.
That's simple and easy. No queue and hassle free~
- For 2 years, the date will commence on the day you apply. (Fee = RM 100)
- For 5 years, the date will commence on the *expire date. (Fee = RM 300)
In my case, my expiry date is on Nov 2011 and I choose 2 years, so about 5 months being 'burnt' as it commences on June 2011...
In conclusion, if you are not a frequent traveler, choose the 2 years renewal is better and cheaper~ RM100 for 2 years, RM 300 for 5 years? not 6 years? Think about it~